1. Can the public use city parks?
Yes. All of our parks are available for public use. Reservations are encouraged. If you would like to reserve a park, or a picnic shelter, call 639-2901 between 8 a.m. & 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. We will be happy to assist you.
2. Do you have a place to play disc golf?
Yes. Glenburnie Park offers an 18 hole Disc Golf Course.
3. Do your picnic facilities have electricity for afternoon/evening events & entertainment?
Not all of our picnic areas are equipped with electricity, please inquire when making your reservation. Call us at (252)639-2901 to inquire about amenities at our parks & shelters.
4. Where can I work out?
We offer an affordable fitness facility with the latest in cardio and weight training equipment.
5. Do you offer camps for kids?
Yes. We offer several spring and summer camps in addition to our B.E.A.R. After School program which takes place during the school year.
6. What about adults and seniors?
We offer many programs for adults and seniors.
7. What sort of amenities are available for special events? (weddings, reunions, etc.?)
The newest addition to Union Point Park is the new 1,642 square foot gazebo. Overlooking the confluence of the Neuse and Trent Rivers, this has become a very popular site for weddings and special events.