Registration fees are non-refundable! The only exceptions are:
- If the Parks and Recreation Department cancels any classes or programs due to low participation or inclement weather.
- If the Registrant cancels 30 days prior to start date, a full refund will be issued.
- Cancellation 30 days, but 15 or more, a 50% refund will be issued.
- Cancellation less than 15 days, but 7 or more, a 25% refund will be issued.
- Cancellation less than 7 days, no refund will be issued
- Shelter reservations require a 30 day notice.
- "Same day" cancellations, due to severe weather systems (storms, hurricanes, high winds, cold) or facility damage/closure, will be rescheduled on the first available date of the customer's choice or fee returned in full.
* Any registrations or reservations made online will be refunded back to the credit card.
If you are a first time user you will need to create your own account by clicking on the "create account" button on our home page. After you have created your account and it is approved, you will be able to register online for programs, classes or reserve picnic shelters. Please feel free to contact us for technical support or any other question you have about the online registration.
*IF YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN YOUR USER NAME OR PASSWORD, PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT! CALL US AND WE WILL RETRIEVE THE INFORMATION. THIS WILL KEEP ALL PAYMENT HISTORIES TOGETHER.
CONVENIENCE FEE FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION:
Online registration is available with payment by credit or debit card. In order to offer this convenient method of registration there will be a convenience fee of approximately 3% plus .30 cents charged by our payment processor to your card. Anyone who wishes to opt out of the convenience fee may do so by registering in person or by mail with cash or check.
Status of all practices and games will be posted on our website daily under the Athletic Field Status tab. On days where the field conditions are uncertain we will list the status as pending and will normally make a determination by 3pm. We will list the time of the update so you can continue to check the status throughout the day.
Any photograph taken of any participants in a New Bern Parks and Recreation Department program or activity may be used for publication or marketing purposes such as brochures and website content. Any participant, or parent of youth participant, who wishes to not have a photograph of them used must notify the department in writing of this.
Any individual or group renting fields or facilities at any of our parks may be required to carry liability insurance. If required, a copy of the policy (minimum of $1,000,000 coverage) listing Craven County as an insured party will needed to complete the reservation.
(a) Dogs must be restrained by a leash not exceeding 6’ in length at all times. Dogs are NOT
allowed in the following areas: on or near athletic fields, picnic shelters, restroom/concession
buildings and playgrounds.
(b) Dogs are permitted in established classes offered by the recreation & parks department.
While in the class, dogs must be restrained by a leash not exceeding 6’ in length and under the
control of the owner at all times.
(c) Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
(d) No other animals are permitted in the parks.
All vendors must contact the Parks and Recreation Department and be approved to sell anything at any City Park. Leagues have priority for concessions during their events.